Property Management Services
Equal Opportunity Housing
Our company is committed to Fair Housing, not just because it is the law but because it is something we believe in. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status. Our clients can trust that we make every effort to offer their properties in full compliance with Fair Housing Laws.
Residential Property Management
Our expert Property Managers
- analyze market rents.
- advise property owners (our clients) on our opinion of the market rental rate for their properties.
We stay on top of changes in the law and provide property owners and tenants with the appropriate required disclosure forms.
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure Form
- Agency Disclosure
In addition to the Residential Rental Agreement developed by the N.C. Bar Association and the N.C. Association of Realtors, we have developed and copyrighted our own “Rules and Regulations” which are included with each Lease. Our Rules and Regulations:
- protect your interest.
- clearly outline the tenant’s legal obligations.
- explain our policies and our expectations of the tenant.
**We recommend a one year lease but that decision is ultimately up to the property owner. We do not handle leases under 3 months.**
As your Property Manager we monitor and work to encourage the resident’s compliance with the terms of the Rental Agreement and Rules and Regulations.
- make recommendations to our clients as to ways to protect and enhance their investment property.
- recommend simple preventative solutions for residents to best care for the property.
- produce a detailed monthly statement on income and expenses for our owners.
- 30 day cycle–we close the books in the last week of the month.
- mail statements and owners’ net proceeds checks.
Our property management pricing model:
- based on a percentage of collected rents.
- varies depending on the type and number of units managed.
Contact us to schedule a consultation and receive a quote for our services.
We maintain a 24 hour emergency on-call service which is always staffed by one of our expert property managers. This service is for extreme emergencies only but gives our property owners and residents peace of mind knowing that we are available around the clock, whenever emergencies arise.
During our Leasing Process we collect a security deposit under the guidelines of The N.C. Residential Security Deposit Act. We generally recommend a Security Deposit equal to one month’s rent.
- we provide move-in and move-out inspection forms to property owners and residents to document the property condition before and after a tenancy.
- these forms are used to help determine whether a deposit is returned to the tenant or to the property owner.
- immediately following a move-out we start preparing a property to rent and marketing it.
We help our clients in every step of the process, including maintenance:
- relationships with various licensed, insured contractors.
- supervision of property maintenance for owners for only a 10% fee.
- quality work at competitive prices with timely response times.
- vendors required to carry both General Liability and Workman’s Comp Insurance for your protection.
We have developed our market’s most thorough application approval process including:
- On-line access to credit reports
- Criminal reports and court records
- Employment and Income Verification
- Rental References from current and previous landlords
- Personal References
- Pet References (if property owner allows pets)
We follow closely the rent collection procedures allowed under N.C. Landlord-Tenant Laws. While our “Application Approval Process” is very thorough, rent collection challenges will always be a part of property management. We are experts in the field. Under our Residential Rental Agreement:
- rent is due on the first of each month and late after the fifth.
- we send out late notices and charge a late fee on or near the eighth.
- our late charge is $15.00 or 5% of the rental rate, whichever is greater (which is the largest late charge allowable under N.C. Law)
- late charges are paid to our company as part of our management fee structure.
- we handle the eviction process if needed (we charge our client $5.00 to file a “Complaint for Summary Ejectment”, $5.00 to attend court and file for “execution” of a “Writ for Summary Ejectment”, and $20.00 to handle a “lock out.”)
- if a tenant moves owing money we file a report with the Credit Bureau.
Interested in having Baldwin Properties manage a property you own? Click the link below to fill out a property management inquiry.
Baldwin Properties’ team of experienced professionals is ready to assist you with the management, leasing or sale of commercial and investment real estate.